Sunday, September 27, 2009

Girl in a Whirl!

I'm all on my own and attempting to post on my blog! Is this working or could I be wasting my time??? I've been searching for at least 5 minutes to locate the right button that will allow me to post new things and now that I think I'm on the right page . . . I may never figure out how to get back again! However, I'm hoping to make a girl in a whirl attempt at summarizing our life. For posterity's sake, I'm going to rewind to January 2009 and make a whirl wind review of the ultimate year!

Nolan has been safely deposited at the Provo MTC in the new and improved "kicked to the curb" fashion! We have anticipated this moment for the last 19 years and it came much faster than we could have imagined. I am so thankful the Lord inspired me to educate my children at home because I realize I have few regrets or thoughts of missed conversations I wish I'd had. What haven't we done?!?!
1. Adopt a million pets . . . check!
2. Dissect creatures for biology . . . check!
3. Attempt to adopt children . . . check!
4. Become expert practical jokers . . . check! . . . . . . .

We also foresaw this moment when our family dynamics would be changed for . . . well, forever. I hear a 21 year old return missionary is a very different character than the 19 year old I last saw. As we contemplated how our lives would change, we made a plan to create as many fun memories as was humanly possible this last year! I think we were very successful!!

I will now attempt to post this entry, figure out how to add pictures and blog 2009!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Yay! Melissa- you're a blogger! Congratulations- it posted! Can't wait to see pics of the last year. Y'all have been incredible parents to Nolan and continue to be to him and your other 3 children. You have a lot to be proud of and thankful for. Thanks for the good example! I love you!

OneMooreFamily said...

Thanks Jill!!! I love you! (even more than blogging!) I think you are light years ahead of me. Thanks for the compliments and your children may get translated with parents like y'all. You're welcome and thank you for being MY example.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love it! I am so glad you are being a girl in a whirl and catching up your blog. My blog books are my most prized possessions!

OneMooreFamily said...

I wish I'd seen them when I was there Caroline! Wait - I'll see them in December. I've got to learn how to turn blogs into books, along with adding music & the cute video clips, video collages, changing fonts & colors. . . I'm just happy I added something!